Sunday, August 12, 2012

The Art of Racing in the Rain



As the raindrops go "pitter patter" against my window sill, I cannot help but reminisce about the book which made me tear while riding a bus- "The Art of Racing in the Rain"

Plot Summary:

Written in the perspective of a pet dog, this plot promises to bring hope to every reader. It is about how Enzo, the pet dog, perceives his Owner's life and how he forces himself to change as his owner faces some unfortunate circumstances. It is a story about how a dog stands by his owner, even when, his human friends forsaken him. And I assure you, after having read this book, you will never look at a dog the same way!

My Thoughts:

After having read this book, I really wanted a dog as well. Dogs are absolutely amazing friends and reading this only makes me wonder how 'Gareth Stein" has thought things through. Such a genius! I could not put the book down at all, and at every twist and turn, I found myself writhing in pain, angry at a character or just in love with Enzo. Oh my little four legged friend, how you mesmerize me!


I recommend this to:

If you are a Dog Lover, you would absolutely love this book. And trust me when I say you will grow to love your dog even more after this one. If you are someone who wants a moving, awe-inspiring read, I suggest you pick this book up, for it will truly move you, in ways you cannot imagine!


Don't you just love this Quote?:

“There is no dishonor in losing the race. There is only dishonor in not racing because you are afraid to lose.”
Garth Stein,
The Art of Racing in the Rain 

Don't judge the book by its cover? :
And the cover art for this book is absolutely cute---- don't you think that dog deserves a hug?

Overall this book is a MUST BUY!
 One that you MUST HAVE IN YOUR BOOKSHELF
For you never know when you will pick it up again to gain inspiration from it!

Rate:
9/10

No comments: