Sunday, August 26, 2012

Mercy Wolves Trilogy

Oh my my, what a mystical read!

Plot Summary:
A wolf saves a young girl; dragged into the woods by his other pack members. The girl, Grace remembers the wolf, her wolf and his piercing yellow eyes. Little did she know, that the wolf also remembers her. And that the wolf can shape shift into a boy, Sam. They share a special bond- a bond so endearing; a bond between a girl and boy-wolf.
The trilogy revolves Grace and Sam; their love and the challenges they face as a couple and as the few people who know about the mystical werewolves; They fight desperately to save the wolves (or themselves and their loved ones) from the hunters; who are desperate to exterminate them as a whole!

My thoughts:
I have to say, I wasn't a great fan of the plot. A wolf and girl falling in love, screamed TWILIGHT! But the way this book is written is magical and endearing; its crazy. The words are stringed in such a way; it never falls to tug your heart strings and make you feel all *woobly hungamamaz*, yes i just made that up!
I am obsessed about werewolves; with my favourite wolf being.... SIRIUS BLACK duh? I just thought this book, made me love wolves more; and has urged me to read about their way of life!!

And a big woohoo! (*fanfare!) to Grace who i simply adore for keeping it all together throughout the story and for Sam for being the best boyfriend one could ever be. Their love was so poignant; it seemed so unreal; and moved me to tears so many times!!

Don't be repulsed by the plot; read this trilogy anyway; just for the characters and the way the story has been written. You will love it; i am sure of it!

Don't you just love the quote"
There are so may quotes and paragraphs I loved in this book; its crazy to pick one. But here is one of my favourites anyway!

“I'd found heaven and grabbed it as tightly as I could, but it was unraveling, an insubstantial thread sliding between my fingers, too fine to hold.” 
 Maggie Stiefvater, Shiver

Don't judge a book by its cover:
I think the cover is so pretty and depicts the tory very very well. I love the fact that the colour of the fonts in the book, follow the colour of the cover!

I recommend this to:
Are you into poetry? Do you love music? Do you write lyrics? DO you love wolves? Did you like Twilight? Are you Team Jacob? DO you love a heart-warming love story?
If you answered yes to any of the above? Then this series is for you!

Rating:
8/10

3 comments:

Christine (Rainy Day Reads) said...

Hi!
I just came across your site and it is really lovely! I happily followed you and will enjoy reading your updates. You can find me over at Rainy Day Reads, www.rainydayreads.com It would be great if you could stop by and I would love to have a fellow book lover as a new follower.
Christine x
Rainy Day Reads
www.rainydayreads.com

Goldie said...

Hey there, followed you back! :)

Cristal | Book Addict said...

Nice blog Zeena. I've always wondered about those books, but have never tried them out. Thanks for following me. I followed you back! :)