Tuesday, August 14, 2012

The Fault in our **Stares!

Have you ever read books which just make you go speechless? Well I have read a few, and one of them is "The Fault in Our Stars". This is my second John Green Book and after "Looking for Alaska", I was quite excited to read tFiOs, and Omgosh, what sheer brilliance.

My friends sometimes describe me as a Sadist because they always find me reading books with depressing plots, so, when I was reading a book about two Cancer patients, they just raised their eyebrows giving me "THE look". But man, are they wrong!

Plot Summary 
Two Cancer Patients, Augustus Waters and Hazel, meet in a Cancer Support Group. Hazel is terminal (practically waiting for THE death verdict) and is pretty much cynical about everything in life UNTIL she meets Augustus Waters (another Cancer Patient)! Together they embark on a journey so special, moving, heart wrenching and thought provoking-- IT WILL BLOW YOUR MIND!

My thoughts 
I think the gushing and the high spirited rambling would have said it all- I THINK this book is MIND BLOWING, no i think it is MIND BLASTING! I constantly kept going, "wow, i never thought of that at any moment of my existence, EVER!".
**Spoliler alert** (if you have not read the book, I hope you get up and go get the book.. NOW!)

I think the whole idea of existing in this world and what it means to us, is something we never think about much. Most of us, myself included, just take Life as it comes(not that is a bad thing), but what is our purpose here in Life? Why are we here? Will people remember us in time?

I had this really crazy thought after reading this book: "What if I died in sleep tonight, will my family and friends still remember me after say, 20 years? Or will be a just a blurb in their memory?
(**"Oh wasn't there this girl we used to know? Like she used to jump around and spazz out all the time... Oh yea poor thing, died in her sleep. NOW WHAT WAS HER NAME???***)
It sends shivers down your spine doesn't it?

The romance in this book. Ethereal. So beautifully crafted and incorporated in this book, it just gives me goosebumps. Its just so divine and for the lack of a better word, jaw dropping- the way they slowly fall for each other. Just thinking about it- triggers an adrenaline-infused increase in heart rate!

I read this book in three days, reading between classes and during lunch breaks. I still remember walking out of my room, having finished the book, with eyes filled with tears and puffy with water retention. (do you get that when you cry alot?). Looking back, I do not know why I cried?
  1. Was it because the possibility of the world not remembering me after I died, terrified me?
  2. Was it because I felt so sorry for the characters? 
  3. Was it because  I FINISHED A FREAKING AMAZING BOOK, I WANT TO RE-READ IT AGAIN, WAAAAHH!! 

I recommend this to
If you always run away from "Depressing plots" (*yup, you right there, yup you're the one!), run no more my friend--Read this book. 
If you want to read a book, that will make you feel something, anything, some small bit of emotions, then Read this book. You vill naat be dissapointed!
If you are John Green fan, well you probably would have read this book zillion times. So i shall not "recommend" this to you. Cheers

 Don't you just love this Quote?
I am," he said. He was staring at me, and I could see the corners of his eyes crinkling. "I'm in love with you, and I'm not in the business of denying myself the simple pleasure of saying true things. I'm in love with you, and I know that love is just a shout into the void, and that oblivion is inevitable, and that we're all doomed and that there will come a day when all our labor has been returned to dust, and I know the sun will swallow the only earth we'll ever have, and I am in love with you.”


Don't judge a book by its cover?

HardCover!!! (*does the woohoo-- i-got-a-hard-cover-version dance)
The blue, black and white reminds me of heaven- or is just me and my weird imagination?

Rate:
11/10!!!

No comments: