Friday, September 7, 2012

City of Ashes


You know the feeling you get, when you continue reading the "other books" in a series you absolutely adore, the joy, the sense of being home again; if being welcomed with open arms into the world you never wanted to leave in the first place? That was how I felt when I started reading City of Ashes.

They may be spoilers!!
If you haven't read the first book, maybe you should not read this blog post, just yet
On second thoughts, YOU HAVE NOT READ THE FIRST BOOK. Say whut??

The plot summary: (Courtesy Goodreads)
Clary Fray just wishes that her life would go back to normal. But what's normal when you're a demon-slaying Shadowhunter, your mother is in a magically induced coma, and you can suddenly see Downworlders like werewolves, vampires, and faeries? If Clary left the world of the Shadowhunters behind, it would mean more time with her best friend, Simon, who's becoming more than a friend. But the Shadowhunting world isn't ready to let her go — especially her handsome, infuriating, newfound brother, Jace. And Clary's only chance to help her mother is to track down rogue Shadowhunter Valentine, who is probably insane, certainly evil — and also her father.

To complicate matters, someone in New York City is murdering Downworlder children. Is Valentine behind the killings — and if he is, what is he trying to do? When the second of the Mortal Instruments, the Soul-Sword, is stolen, the terrifying Inquisitor arrives to investigate and zooms right in on Jace. How can Clary stop Valentine if Jace is willing to betray everything he believes in to help their father?


My thoughts:
Oh my gee, what a book? Firstly, the name Herondale appeared in this book and sent chills down my spine! WOOHOO! (**Does the Herondale-is-in-this-book, oh yea! dance**)

Simon is just too amazing in this book, Such an amazing friend, sometimes i just feel so sorry for him. And yes, i have to admit, erm I felt a pang of jealousy when Simon showed some interest in Maia. but i am glad everything is fine between Simon and Clary, and that Clary is not stringing him along (**Coughs- Bella with Jacob Black** coughs). And for Simon, jeez I guess putting my jealousy aside, I am glad he "found someone" who likes him, that way no?

AND ALSO! ROBERT SHEEHAN as Simon????, I CANNOT WAIT!!!!!! 
  
Jace is such an.... He was not my most favorite of characters in this book. Just not in this book. Hopefully in the next book, he would be much more appealing! I mean don't get me wrong, he was nice, charming and jerkish- (his usual self and all), but something about him just wanted me to PUNCH HIM IN THE FACE AND KNOCK SOME SENSE INTO HIM! 
I don't know why though, can't quite put my finger on it! Its just one of those things!!

I have grown to love the Lightwoods so much!! Max Lightwood, such an adorable kid. N'awww! Cuddles!!

Knowing that JONATHAN RHYS MEYERS is indeed playing the part of Valentine- I just cannot get myself to hate Valentine. I mean JONATHAN RHYS MEYERS guys!, come on!
Haha, but Valentine is sick and weird and i cannot wait for him to die. LIKE VOLDEMORT. haha wow look at that, both evil, both names starting with V!

I could not stop giggling when Magnus Bane was compared to Albus Dumbledore, Oh the jokes!

Don't you just love the quote?

“Look," Luke went on, "In all the years I've known him, there's always been exactly one place Simon wanted to be, and he's always fought like hell to make sure he got there and stayed there."
"Where's that?"
"Wherever you were.

AWWWWWW!!!!

Rate: 8/10

So what did you think of this book?

No comments: